Today is our first anniversary! Let’s all celebrate with a virtual cupcake (or preferably, some real champagne.)
Modern Reston online magazine launched on September 8, 2014, with eight articles about dining, recreation, art, and events. And now a year later, we have published a total of 190 articles! With 10,000 regular readers, Modern Reston has become the leading resource for culture and events in the Reston area.
Today we want to thank the Reston community for the warm welcome and eager support. We’re especially grateful to all the people who have welcomed us into their lives and shared their stories. We couldn’t do it without you.
Highlights from Year One
What a huge range of topics we have covered in one year! Here are our top 10 most popular stories so far:
- Ten Things You Need to Know About the World Police and Fire Games
- The Ultimate Guide to Kids’ Indoor Fun in the Reston Area
- The 2015 Reston Summer Bucket List
- Know Before You Go: Shopping For Mid-Century Modern Furniture in the DMV
- Toys for All Ages at the New Plaza at Tysons Corner Center
- RA, Lake Anne Redevelopment Partners and JBG Approve Monorail (A lot of people fell for this!)
- Two of the Best Places for Sledding in Reston
- A Sneak Peek at the Beautiful and Long-Awaited Red’s Table
- Ten Fun Facts About Patrick Dougherty’s Monumental New Sculpture at Reston Town Center
- Prelly Cookies: Meticulously Decorated Custom Cookies in NoVa
And here are a few more of our personal favorites:
- Local Parkour Athletes Defy Gravity at Reston Town Center
- Home Tour: A Designer’s Vibrant Waterfront Townhouse
- Before Reston Was Reston: The Tale of A. Smith Bowman Distillery
- True Food Kitchen: A Restaurant in the Mosaic District Based On Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Trail Tour: The Splendor of Lake Newport in the Fall
- Ten Reasons to Come to Lake Anne in the Middle of Winter
- Photography Tips: 5 Ways to Improve Your Fall Foliage Pictures
How You Can Contribute
Do you love what we’ve begun with Modern Reston? Are you glad to have a contemporary lifestyle magazine for our local area? Then please support us in one of the following ways:
- Share our articles regularly with your friends and social network. Help us spread the word.
- Suggest ideas for articles. Do you know a great idea for a home tour? Charity event? Recreational opportunity? A fascinating member of the community? Please contact us at [email protected]
- Write guest posts about a story of your own interest. Contact us [email protected] with your ideas.
- Advertise your business on our site. Learn more here.
Why Advertise with Modern Reston?
- Our stylish website and content appeal to a desirable demographic of youthful, savvy consumers.
- Because we are an online publication, your message can be delivered frequently to our readers. Traditional, printed magazines are discarded after they are read, but readers return to our website multiple times per week.
- Our large visibility in social media and search engines will lead an ever-growing number of Northern Virginia readers to your business.
You can find our 2015 media kit here. Please let us share your message with our large and growing audience.
As Modern Reston enters its second year, our goal is to develop even more relationships with the people of this community. What a wonderful place this is to live. We look forward to celebrating another year of modern living in the New Reston.
Michelle Schoening & Charlotte Geary
About Modern Reston
No longer a distant D.C. suburb, Reston has become a thriving and diverse city of its own. Modern Reston offers a fresh and stylish look at this rapidly evolving urban landscape. It was founded by two Reston residents, Charlotte Geary and Michelle Schoening. With Charlotte’s professional background in photography and Michelle’s in design, our team has created a contemporary and vibrant website with a variety of content. You can learn more about us here.