In the time it takes to drive to the grocery store and back, now you can order that milk and have it delivered to you (without needing to change out of your pajamas). I love living in the future. Amazon Prime Now is a service that has operated in other cities over the last year, and now it is available in Northern Virginia. It offers groceries, pet supplies, toys, electronics, office supplies, and other essentials. Two-hour delivery is free, and one-hour delivery is $7.99.
Amazon Prime Now is available to Amazon Prime members, but you must shop from a separate website or app to use this service. Use primenow.amazon.com or the Amazon Prime Now mobile app available for Apple or Android.
I’ve used Peapod for grocery delivery, and as useful as it can be, I’ve found it inconvenient to have to schedule my deliveries a few days in advance. It requires some careful planning to know exactly what food I’ll need two or three days from now. I’m more of an impulse shopper, so this one- or two- hour delivery is much more my style.
And don’t even get me started on the hassles of grocery stores with two little kids. I’ll take that app, please, stat.
Photo credit: Charlotte Geary
- Kids’ Subscription Boxes: Give An Experience Rather Than Stuff This Year
- The Organic Butcher: Artisan & Exotic Meats in Neighboring McLean
- Start a Waste-Free Lunch Program at Your School and Commit to Packing Eco-Friendly Lunches
- Gift Guide: Holiday Gifts that Celebrate Reston
- Gift Guide: Recent Books by Reston-Area Authors for Everyone on Your List