As we mentioned last week, Reston Town Center is offering new summer events this year, and the Pavilion is now reserved for dogs on Wednesday evenings. Families will be glad to learn that Tuesdays are for the kids!
On summer Tuesdays from 4:00-7:00pm, the Pavilion hosts Zoosday, a free play area for young children that includes a petting zoo and lots of toys.
On the day that I visited last week, a traveling petting zoo called Squeals on Wheels had brought several animals, including a miniature llama, miniature goats, teacup pigs, ducks, rabbits, a tortoise, a lizard, and more.
One of the other highlights of Zoosday is a long table filled with Play-Doh and related toys. Kids were sitting happily for long periods of time as they squeezed and squished this free Play-Doh.
Other toys in the Pavilion include Duplo Lego, building blocks (which double as Zenga game pieces), tic-tac-toe games, and more.
Zoosday takes place every Tuesday through September 27, 2016. Because the Pavilion is covered, this event takes place rain or shine. For more information, refer to Reston Town Center’s calendar of events.
Photo credit: Charlotte Geary
- Take Your Dog for an Evening on the Town on Wednesdays this Summer
- The Ultimate Guide to Outdoor Things to Do in the Reston Area
- What I Observed While Talking to Dozens of People Playing Pokemon Go
- The 2016 Guide to Free Summer Movies in the Reston Area
- An Inside Look at Berthold Academy: Reston’s New Montessori Elementary and Middle School